(makes 2 servings)
- 1 block of silken or firm tofu
- 2-3 teaspoons of soy sauce
- Traditional toppings include: chopped scallions, grated ginger, bonito flakes, shredded shiso leaves, chopped green onion, a little chili, crushed peanuts, toasted sesame oil and seeds, the possibilities are endless.
1. Drain the water from the tofu package
2. Cut the tofu block in half and half again to make little cubes.
3. Put each serving in a small bowl and drizzle with 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons of soy sauce, or to taste.
4. Pile on the toppings of your choice. Serve immediately while its still cold!
Sources & Contributions:
A Chen FIT
thekitchn blog: http://www.thekitchn.com/hiyayakko-japanese-cold-tofu-150547