- Pasta for one (look at pasta package for serving info and cooking instructions)
- 2 Big handfuls of spinach leaves (pre-packaged spinach leaves are great too)
- 1 Teaspoon of butter
- 1 Teaspoon of chopped garlic
Optional: parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper
1) Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2) Meanwhile, wash spinach leaves. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add spinach to the pot. Cook for 2 minutes and then remove and cool.
3) Place cooked pasta into pan on low heat.
3) Add butter, garlic, and spinach and mix with pasta till butter is melted.
- tomato sauce
Optional: Toppings you love: ham, pineapple pieces, pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.
1. Spread tomato sauce on the entire tortilla.
2. Sprinkle cheese and your other favorite toppings onto tortilla.
3. Microwave for 30-60 seconds, depending on your microwave. (hint: once the cheese is melted, its done!)
4. Let cool, and then roll the tortilla up and eat.
- 1 corn on the cob (remove all the husk and rinse the corn)
1. Wet a paper towel and wring it out.
2. Wrap the moist paper towel around the corn and place on a dinner plate.
3. Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes.
4. Carefully remove paper towel (HOTTTT)
- 1 slice of bread (whole wheat, rye, multi-grain, pita and tortillas)
- 1/3 – 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- Pinch of Salt
Optional: Drizzle of olive oil, or sprinkle of black pepper.
1. Toast bread on both sides.
2. Smash on avocado with a fork.
3. Top with salt.
Things to Avoid:
White breads: often lack the healthy vitamins and minerals that your body needs.
- 1/3 cup Oats
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 Banana
Optional: Granola, nuts, and fresh berries
1. Mash banana and blueberries together in a bowl until blended. Stir in oats, yogurt and milk.
2. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
3. In the morning, top with granola, fresh berries, nuts, bananas, etc.