(Makes 2 servings)
- 1/2 cup no-fat or low-fat vanilla Yogurt
- 1 cup Blueberries (thawed frozen berries are great too)
- 1/2 cup Granola breakfast cereal
Optional: Nuts, other types of cereal, and other types of fruits like raspberries, mangos, or apples.
1. In a small glass, dollop a spoonful of yogurt, sprinkle a layer of berries, followed by a spoonful of cereal. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used up.
(makes 8 crepes)
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- Fresh fruit of choice: strawberries, peaches, blueberries are some tasty options.
Optional: honey for a little sweetness!
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine.
- Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
- 1/2 cup Quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 Banana
Optional: Granola, pecans, walnuts and other nuts that are a great source of protein. You can also add fresh berries or apples instead of bananas!
1) Mix quick cooking oats together slightly with desired amount of water, microwave for about 1 1/2 mins. Mix in desired amount of milk (it all depends on how soupy or thick you want your oatmeal).
2) Stir in cinnamon, maple syrup,and your fruit of choice. Once all the ingredients are together, drizzle the honey on top and enjoy!
*You can also cook the oats with milk instead of water, but I like to add the milk after to cool it down a bit. I also suggest using real maple syrup for this oatmeal.
- 2 Eggs – beaten with a fork
- 2- 3 Tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons diced fully cooked ham (or cooked and crumbled bacon)
- 1 Tablespoon diced green bell pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional: Add spinach, kale, diced tomatoes… most veggies will will great with an omelette!
1) Prepare a large microwave-safe mug by spraying the inside generously with cooking spray.
2) Place all ingredients in the mug and stir to mix.
3) Microwave on high for one minute. Check the omelet. If the egg is not completely cooked, continue to microwave in 20 second intervals until it is completely cooked.
4) Run a knife around the edges of the omelet and slide it and enjoy 🙂
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 2 Avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into wedges
- 8 Strawberries, halved
Optional: Add pecans, almonds, cashews for a little crunchy protein!
- Whisk lemon juice, honey, olive oil,salt and pepper together to make the Vinaigrette.
- Arrange the avocados and strawberries on 6 salad plates.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the fruit salad. Serve immediately.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Slice avocado in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.
Crack an egg into each avocado half.
Place in the oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to cook.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper, salt, chives, and garnish of your choice.
- 1 slice of bread (whole wheat, rye, multi-grain, pita and tortillas)
- 1/3 – 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- Pinch of Salt
Optional: Drizzle of olive oil, or sprinkle of black pepper.
1. Toast bread on both sides.
2. Smash on avocado with a fork.
3. Top with salt.
Things to Avoid:
White breads: often lack the healthy vitamins and minerals that your body needs.
- 1/3 cup Oats
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 Banana
Optional: Granola, nuts, and fresh berries
1. Mash banana and blueberries together in a bowl until blended. Stir in oats, yogurt and milk.
2. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
3. In the morning, top with granola, fresh berries, nuts, bananas, etc.