(Makes 2 servings)
- 1/2 cup no-fat or low-fat vanilla Yogurt
- 1 cup Blueberries (thawed frozen berries are great too)
- 1/2 cup Granola breakfast cereal
Optional: Nuts, other types of cereal, and other types of fruits like raspberries, mangos, or apples.
1. In a small glass, dollop a spoonful of yogurt, sprinkle a layer of berries, followed by a spoonful of cereal. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used up.
(makes 8 crepes)
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- Fresh fruit of choice: strawberries, peaches, blueberries are some tasty options.
Optional: honey for a little sweetness!
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine.
- Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the griddle for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.
Firm Tofu! It can be purchased at most local grocery stores: Safeway, T&;T, Saveonfoods.
Silken Firm Tofu! Its sold at most grocery stores: No Frills, IGA, T&T, Safeway, etc 🙂
(makes 2 servings)
- 1 block of silken or firm tofu
- 2-3 teaspoons of soy sauce
- Traditional toppings include: chopped scallions, grated ginger, bonito flakes, shredded shiso leaves, chopped green onion, a little chili, crushed peanuts, toasted sesame oil and seeds, the possibilities are endless.
1. Drain the water from the tofu package
2. Cut the tofu block in half and half again to make little cubes.
3. Put each serving in a small bowl and drizzle with 1 to 1 ½ teaspoons of soy sauce, or to taste.
4. Pile on the toppings of your choice. Serve immediately while its still cold!
Sources & Contributions:
A Chen FIT
thekitchn blog: http://www.thekitchn.com/hiyayakko-japanese-cold-tofu-150547
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 2 Avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into wedges
- 8 Strawberries, halved
Optional: Add pecans, almonds, cashews for a little crunchy protein!
- Whisk lemon juice, honey, olive oil,salt and pepper together to make the Vinaigrette.
- Arrange the avocados and strawberries on 6 salad plates.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the fruit salad. Serve immediately.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Slice avocado in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.
Crack an egg into each avocado half.
Place in the oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to cook.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper, salt, chives, and garnish of your choice.
- tomato sauce
Optional: Toppings you love: ham, pineapple pieces, pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.
1. Spread tomato sauce on the entire tortilla.
2. Sprinkle cheese and your other favorite toppings onto tortilla.
3. Microwave for 30-60 seconds, depending on your microwave. (hint: once the cheese is melted, its done!)
4. Let cool, and then roll the tortilla up and eat.
- 1 corn on the cob (remove all the husk and rinse the corn)
1. Wet a paper towel and wring it out.
2. Wrap the moist paper towel around the corn and place on a dinner plate.
3. Cook in the microwave for 5 minutes.
4. Carefully remove paper towel (HOTTTT)
- 1 slice of bread (whole wheat, rye, multi-grain, pita and tortillas)
- 1/3 – 1/2 Ripe Avocado
- Pinch of Salt
Optional: Drizzle of olive oil, or sprinkle of black pepper.
1. Toast bread on both sides.
2. Smash on avocado with a fork.
3. Top with salt.
Things to Avoid:
White breads: often lack the healthy vitamins and minerals that your body needs.